Salary: Support Staff Scale K, point 1, £18,468, full time equivalent salary (c. £12,444 p.a. actual salary)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week Term Time only + all Inset Days.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• To assess, manage and deliver pastoral and learning support
• To work alongside teachers in the classroom to deliver learning to support the academic achievement of all pupils
• To support students during transition periods
• To provide feedback to pupils, the SENco and the class teachers
• Assist the teacher with preparing materials for the class and clearing up the resources at the end of the class, maintaining a safe working environment
• To support the pupils to understand instructions and develop independent learning skills
• To work in line with the behaviour for learning policy
• To support students with their social, emotional well-being and reporting concerns where appropriate
• To assist in responding to low level safeguarding concerns
• To support the SENco in the identification of the needs of students on the SEN register
• Record basic student data
• Assist with break and lunch time supervision as required
• To complete required training
• To follow all Health & Safety, safeguarding and GDPR requirements
• The post holder is responsible for ensuring that the school safeguarding/child protection policy is adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with this policy.
• To carry out tasks as reasonably required by the Headteacher.
• Be keenly aware of the responsibility for safeguarding children and to help in the application of the Safeguarding Policy within the school
• Comply with the school’s Safeguarding Policy in order to ensure the welfare of children and young people.
Greenshaw Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people therefore this appointment will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.