TEACHING ASSISTANTS (THREE POSTS)
SALARY: £10,811.72-£11,248.86 (Pro-rata of £18,426 – £19,171)
LOCATION: Buckfastleigh Primary School
JOB TERM: Fixed Term until 31st August 2020
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Term-time
HOURS: 26.25 hours per week (38 week per annum)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly created Westcountry Schools Trust, currently employing approximately 1500 staff and growing. We are a dynamic organisation with our students and staff at our heart. Built on an extensive track record of excellence, the Trust combines a range of secondary colleges, primary schools and business units based in a variety of sites across Devon and Cornwall. We are also a stone’s throw from some of the best beaches and countryside in the country.
• A supportive staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
• A commitment to your own professional development
• Local government pension scheme
• Recognition of NJC terms and conditions
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working or caring for children of primary school age
• Have an understanding of child development and learning
• Be able to effectively use ICT and other technology to support learning, or be willing to undertake training to do so
• Be able to relate well to both children and adults
• Be an excellent and constructive team player who understands classroom roles and responsibilities and their position within these
• Good numeracy/literacy skills
• Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Be able to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
• Hold an NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or an equivalent qualifications/experience
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
These are fixed term positions until 31st August 2020. This is to cover vacancies pending permanent appointments.
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact Eddie Brown on 01364 643304.
If you believe you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required, we look forward to receiving your application. Please indicate if you have any particular interests or skills which you would bring to the role. e.g. Forest School, outdoor learning, music, sports, nurture etc.
Application forms; full job description and person specification are available from https://www.westst.org.uk/
Completed applications should be submitted to HR@westst.org.uk by 12noon on 20th January 2020. Interview date TBC.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.