As we take on our next cohort of children in September 2018, we are looking to appoint an inspiring and talented Teaching Assistant to join our strong and supportive team and support our academy growth.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in an exciting new role. We welcome applications from Teaching Assistants at all levels of experience, including graduate TAs looking to gain classroom experience in advance of Initial Teacher Education.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three-form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in September 2016, and were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017.
What we are looking for:
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent teaching assistant;
- Support the class teacher to ensure children make excellent progress;
- Have high expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child;
- Want to make a difference to the lives of local children;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be committed to working in partnership with teachers, parents and the community;
- Be a committed team player who enjoys working collaboratively;
- Be committed to their own professional development.
Why teach at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower?
- A strong and supportive team of colleagues, all working towards the shared belief that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school
- A commitment to excellence encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every Child, Every Day"
- A new building providing an outstanding place to teach and learn
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Click here to watch the Harris Primary Academy Mayflower video.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 44 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you training and opportunities to support your career development. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For more information or to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact the school on 020 3772 4588.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.