Employer: New Horizons Children’s Academy
Salary: Trust Support Staff Grade C £16,500 - £18,500 FTE (£13,213 - £14,815 pro-rata for the hours stated)
Location: Chatham, Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Closing Date of Position: Friday 16th November 2018
New Horizons Children’s Academy opened in September 2014 with only four classes, we have now grown to deliver a fantastic education to nearly 600 children from the local community and we will be growing until 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hard-working Teaching Assistant to join our expanding team and to facilitate the learning of Key Stage 2 pupils.
You will need to hold a relevant L2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above). Good ICT skills would also be desirable.
You will need to have experience of working with KS2 aged children as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support.
What you will need to succeed:
- Committed to supporting pupils
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
Additional skills and experience:
We can offer you:
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership of a fully-equipped gymnasium and fitness suite on site
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th November 2018.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.