Hillcrest New Barn School are looking for Teaching Assistants to join their team. Offering a salary of £15,057 - £15,735 per annum, depending on experience. The School is within a commutable distance of Swindon, Oxford, Andover, Basingstoke and Reading and other surrounding towns and villages.
New Barn is an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated School. It offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 6 – 16 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. New Barn School takes full advantage of its beautiful settings and fosters a love for using the outdoor curriculum including forest school, farm experiences and horse riding.
As the Teaching Assistant for New Barn School, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of set-backs in and outside of education. The successful candidates will have a varied role, which involves supporting the teacher in all aspects to ensure that pupils receive the most effective support. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to supporting teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond.
The role of Teaching Assistant is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (during term time only). We are looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with experience, or an interest, in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs.
Following a through induction and training programme, your duties will include:
• Providing day to day classroom support to the children, and assisting with pupil behaviour
• Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
• Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
• Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher in order to improve professional development
• Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key skills Required
• Qualified to or be will to work towards an NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistant (or have an equivalent qualification)
• Maths and English Language GCSE C/4 or above, or equivalent qualification
• Understanding of the current national curriculum
• Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to recognise and manage challenging behaviour
• Ideally hold a full UK driving licence
If you are looking for a new role as a Teaching Assistant please apply immediately, in return we offer a salary of £15,057 - £15,735 per annum, depending on experience, plus company benefits.
Hillcrest New Barn School forms part of Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of education and residential care services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.