Hillcrest Park School is a DfE registered independent school that offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 7 – 18 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. Park School provides a structured and supportive environment in order to meet the personal, academic and pastoral needs of all our pupils at each stage of their schooling. Based near Chipping Norton the school is within a commutable distance of Chipping Camden, Bourton-on-the-water, Charlbury, Oxford, Banbury, Bicester and other surrounding towns and villages.
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Job Summary and Duties
As the Teaching Assistant for Park School, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of setbacks in and outside of education. The successful candidates will have a varied role, which involves supporting the teacher in all aspects to ensure that pupils receive the most effective support. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands-on approach to supporting teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond. Previous experience of working with pupils with SEN is desirable but not essential for the right person.The role of Teaching Assistant is offered on a full time/ permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (during term time only). We are looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with experience, or interest, in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs. Applicants should be committed to raising the aspirations and achievements of all our pupils and be committed to their own professional development.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Providing day to day classroom support to the children, and assisting with pupil behaviour
- Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
- Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher in order to improve professional development
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key Skills Required
- Qualified to Level 2 as a Teaching Assistant (or equivalent) or have relevant experience/interest in working with children within an SEN setting
- Maths and English GCSE C/4 or above, or equivalent qualification
- Ideally have an interest in sport or carpentry
- Effective communication skills
- Behaviour management
- Full UK driving licence required
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. In line with Safeguarding children and safer recruitment in education policy, references are taken up prior to interview.