SEN Teaching Assistant
Our staff are committed in ensuring that our pupils get the best possible education. We work hard to ensure that all pupils feel cared for and are supported on their learning journey. We strive to meet the needs of individuals and support them in becoming enthusiastic and successful learners.
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective SEN Teaching Assistant to support the educational needs of identified pupils in the classroom.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience and knowledge of working with pupils with special needs such as autism, ADHD or communication needs
• Is able to support pupils with a wide range of needs and abilities
• Has excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Has high levels of enthusiasm and commitment to helping pupils succeed
• Has good organisational and communication needs
• Has the ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Is reliable with a sense of commitment
• Will actively contribute to all aspects of school life
You would be expected to:
• Work 1:1 with a pupil with SEN and/or support that pupil as part of a small group
• Work under the direct supervision of the class teacher but, at times, be expected to use your own initiative to adapt activities to match individual needs;
• Work in partnership with other members of the staff team;
• Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupils' progress and thereby contribute to on-going assessment.
• Promote inclusion by advancing learning and enabling pupils to make positive progress by removing barriers to success
Rokesly Junior School can offer:
• A friendly and supportive team within a welcoming school environment;
• Enthusiastic, well-motivated and happy pupils who are keen to learn;
• Strong governor and parental support
• Ongoing professional development
Please note there will be written test as part of the interview process.
Rokesly Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.