This Outstanding and expanding primary school is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support children with Special Educational Needs. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, flexible, confident individual with excellent interpersonal and behaviour management skills; and will be versatile in supporting the designated child and other children with learning and social development across the curriculum.
The ideal candidate will have a love of working with children and a commitment to the school’s vision of striving for excellence.
Working under the supervision of the Class Teacher and the Inclusion Co-ordinator, the following hours are required:
Mornings 9.30am to 12.05pm Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 8.30am to 12.05pm Friday
Afternoons 1.05pm to 3.15pm Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Other essential skills and abilities:
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Minimum Grade C English and Maths GCSE
- High expectations of children and themselves
- Good understanding of child development and learning
- Excellent ICT, communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- A valid working visa/legal to work in the UK.
- A caring and positive attitude towards all pupils
- A desire to develop the self-esteem and potential of pupils.
- A commitment to going that extra mile to ensure pupils achieve their best.
Please see the Person Specification for the full list of knowledge and skills required.
Closing date: Monday 5th December 2016 at 9.00 am. If selected, online English and Maths tests will be on Thursday 8th December and for short-listed candidates the interview will be on Tuesday 13th December.
This vacancy is not open to previous TA applicants who have applied in the last 6 months.
St John’s School is an employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. References and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS will be completed on the successful applicants. Certificates of all relevant qualifications will need to be provided at the interview stage.
The job description, person specification and application pack can be downloaded from the school website http://www.st-johns.croydon.sch.uk/vacancies
Aplications downloads from www.st-johns.croydon.sch.uk
Email to email@example.com