Quay View School, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7EX
Hours 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday 39 weeks a year
We are looking for a versatile, resilient and committed Teaching Assistant, who can adapt their practice wherever necessary to support across all key stages. They will contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning experiences, which enhance the learning and development of young people.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Quay View School, based just outside Bere Alston, is an independent SEN School that specialises in children with SEMH aged 7 to 18 and currently has 22 pupils. We are also linked to Tor View School in Tavistock which can take up to 25 pupils and specialises in teaching children with severe learning difficulties and Autism.
Your day to day duties will involve:
- Working with the class teacher, assisting the children with their work and supporting with pupil behaviour
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key skills required for this post:
- Experience of working with social/emotional difficulties and/or challenging behaviour
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to adapt the support required to meet the needs of individual students to positively impact on progress in learning
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written including basic ICT skills
- Can demonstrate a high degree of emotional resilience and can deal with complex and challenging behaviour
- Can remain calm under pressure.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our employees to share in this commitment.
Experience as a Teaching Assistant would be beneficial, but as long as you have the communication and caring skills required for this role, we will give you all the training and development you need to succeed.
A clean driving licence with at least 3 years driving experience would be an advantage due to the location of the school.
We can offer you:
- Priory Career Pathways - Please see the link below
- Competitive salary with opportunities to develop your career
- High street discounts
- Company Pension Scheme and various salary sacrifice benefits
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways: https://www.priorycareerpathways.com/
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS