We want all children to:
• Feel they BELONG
• Be CURIOUS
• Be CREATIVE
• Feel EMPOWERED
…. and think about the SUSTAINABILITY of everything we do.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Buckfastleigh Primary School which has recently joined Westcountry Schools Trust. We are a single form entry school with a passion for giving children fantastic learning experiences and we are looking for two proactive teaching assistants to join our brilliant team of support staff. Buckfastleigh is an improving school which offers the right candidates the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children in a small town on the edge of Dartmoor.
The successful candidates will;
• Encourage a love of learning.
• Be able to build great relationships with children.
• Be committed to achieving high standards across the school.
• Have high expectations for learning and behaviour
• Have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff, governors and parents.
• Hold an NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or an equivalent qualifications/experience
• Have experience of working or caring for children of primary school age
• Have an understanding of child development and learning
• A supportive staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
• A commitment to your own professional development
• Local government pension scheme
• Lovely children who deserve the best
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
These are fixed term positions until 31st August 2020. This is cover vacancies pending permanent appointments.
If you would like to find out more or would like a tour of the school call 01364 643304 to make an appointment.
If you believe you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required, we look forward to receiving your application. Please indicate if you have any particular interests or skills which you would bring to the role. e.g. Forest School, outdoor learning, music, sports, nuture etc.
Application forms; full job description and person specification are available from https://www.westst.org.uk/
Completed applications should be submitted to HR@westst.org.uk by 12noon on 25th February 2020. Interview date TBC. Please indicate on the application form which of the two positions you would prefer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.