Vision for Education are recruiting for a dedicated SEND Teaching Assistant to support within a specialist provision for students with learning difficulties. The suitable Teaching Assistant will have experience working with children and young people with learning difficulties and will be confident in their ability to form strong bonds with sometimes challenging students.
We are particularly keen to hear from people from teaching, care and social work backgrounds.
- Applicants must be comfortable working with students with a wide range of learning difficulties, ranging from Moderate (MLD) to Severe/Profound and Multiple (SLD/PMLD)
- Applicants must hold or be willing to process a current DBS (Children and Vulnerable Adults) and it be registered on the online update service.
- Applicants must be available 5 days a week (Mon-Fri 8:30–16:30)
- Applicants must be able to work in the Durham area area.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent, fair and transparent pay rates from £60 per day
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling, Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development
- Free of charge access to over 20 accredited online training courses via EduCare
- Dedicated team that work with our staff to place them in schools and locations that suit their needs
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague and they successfully work their first day
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
- We are an agency that won't charge your school or provision a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career