West Acton is a popular and vibrant primary school in the multicultural borough of Ealing, London. We have recently completed an extensive building programme due to expansion. We now benefit from state of the art facilities in every classroom and have recently opened our ARP (Additionally Resourced Provision) in September 2016. The ARP provides a base for up to 21 pupils with statutory assessments. These pupils will be taught in the ARP and will also integrate into mainstream classes for some of their lessons.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Teaching Assistant with experience of working with pupils with a range of special needs including autism. The role will be based in the ARP initially working with Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils.
The successful candidate will be a skilled and reflective practitioner who is adaptable and has high expectations for all pupils. Experience and a sound working knowledge of how to support pupils with SEN are essential. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be an expectation together with the ability to work as part of a collaborative and supportive team
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Has an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification
- Has experience of working in a primary or special school setting working 1:1 with pupils with ASC
- Excellent verbal, written communication and ICT skills
- Is an effective team member able to work closely with colleagues
- Has experience at delivering specialist interventions such as speech and language programmes
- Has proven themselves to be flexible and able to use their initiative
- Demonstrates good organisational skills and can prioritise
- Has a friendly, caring and calm manner
- Is committed to promoting the highest standards of learning and behaviour for all pupils
We will offer you:
- a happy, caring learning community where children behave well and are enthusiastic and eager to learn
- a committed, dynamic and ambitious staff team and supportive governing body
- a commitment to your professional development
Visits to the school are welcomed, please contact the school office on 020 8992 3144 to arrange a visit.
An application pack can be downloaded from our school website www.westactonprimaryschool.org and should be emailed once completed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The Successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk.
Closing date: application forms to be submitted to the school by 12 noon on Friday 27th January 2017
Interview date: Monday 6th February 2017
WEST ACTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Postcode W3 0JL
Telephone number (020) 8992 3144