You will give assistance to the Class Teacher and specialist staff in providing a high standard of professional support to each student. Providing significant contribution towards the education and welfare of the students; including direct practical interaction in a teaching, caring and supervisory capacity. You will be committed to promoting high quality education to students with ASC and have an exemplary record of attendance at work.
Your main duties will include:
* Assisting in the preparation of lessons, contributing towards and carrying out schemes of work and Individual Student Plans (ISPs) and Care Plans
* Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of each students stage of development regarding assessment, communication, ISPs and management programmes
* Supporting the Class Teacher in planning and preparing for educational visits and school journeys and accompany students on such visits
* Work with students on an individual or small group basis alongside colleagues
* Cover for the teacher during short term absence from the classroom including organising learning support assistants.
* NVQ Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent - essential
* A good standard of Maths and English to GCSE level - essential
* Relevant experience working with students with autism or learning disabilities in an educational setting essential
* Experience working with students across the ability range and autistic spectrum.
Autism Anglia Doucecroft School provides education and care for children and young people with autistic spectrum condition. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity who provide to their staff ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as requiring a signed declaration of disqualification by association for anyone who lives or works in your household.
Applications will only be accepted on an Autism Anglia application form. To download the relevant documents please visit our website https://www.autism-anglia.org.uk/current-vacancies or telephone the Admin team at Doucecroft School on 01206 771234.
Closing date for applications will be 21st May 2018
Interviews will be held on 7th June 2018
If no response is received within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions