Harris Nursery Hub Peckham is an exciting new venture in partnership with Urban Exposure Philanthropy, and England’s first completely free nursery. We provide a learning environment that inspires all children to succeed, and is a bespoke nursery provision which has been designed to help parents who are working, studying full-time, or seeking full time employment by providing them with high quality and fully funded nursery education.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an inspiring Teaching Assistant to join our brand new nursery. The Nursery Hub team will be responsible for creating the best possible learning experience for children in a loving and friendly atmosphere as well as delivering outstanding and inspirational early years provision. Please note - this role is not term-time only.
Shift Pattern between 7.15am and 6.45pm.
We are looking for talented individuals who want to be part of this exciting new venture as follows:
Your role will include:
- Supporting he learning of children in the early years classes, including undertaking occasional class cover as directed.
- Working under the direction of a Principal and the class teacher to plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals, groups and whole classes of children, including setting up and developing learning opportunities in the indoor and outdoor classrooms.
- Playing a full part in the early years team including monitoring and assessing pupils progress and reporting on their progress.
- Monitoring, assessing and supporting children that have additional needs as required.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful applicant will:
- An engaging person who is able to interest, encourage and motivate children
- A team worker, who is able to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- A tactful and diplomatic person with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience of working with and caring for children of relevant age, supporting their learning;
- Ideally, an NVQ3 or NNEB qualification (or equivalent) in Early Years and Childcare;
- An understanding of the key requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and the ability to support learning and development of young children.
Informal conversations are welcomed and visits to our academies are highly encouraged. If you would like to discuss the post in confidence, or for further information, please contact R.King@harrisprimarykenthouse.org.uk
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Nursery Hub Peckham
Harris Nursery Hub Peckham provides education and care for 2 to 4 year old children within a beautifully converted building at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park. The nursery, which will operate independently from the Academy, will be open from 7.30 am to 6.30 pm for 51 weeks per year, and staff will be able to take full advantage of the newly designed classrooms set across two floors, dedicated sensory room superb all-weather garden area and fully equipped nursery kitchen. Located within the heart of the community we offer high quality teaching and learning experiences for children. With the support of our sponsors we can off free full time places for 2-4 year olds, 51 weeks a year 5 days a week.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Inner London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Peckham Nursery Hub is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies. Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.