TEACHING ASSISTANT/S required ASAP to join a hard working and committed team, supporting the work of the Learning Support Department.
Prior experience working with SEND students would be an advantage. Candidates will be ideally educated to A-Level standard in one of English, Maths or Science.
Successful applicants must be enthusiastic, organised, with a desire to work with a range of different learning needs. This is an excellent opportunity to join this outstanding school, in a challenging but highly rewarding role.
Term time only 39 weeks per year, positions are available from 27.5 to 36.25 hours per week.
JOB PURPOSE - To assist learning and teaching within the Learning Support Department at All Hallows.
The post holder is primarily responsible to the SENCO, but may also receive guidance and instruction from relevant Heads of Department, the Deputy Headteacher, and the Headteacher. The post holder will also receive guidance and support from the SEN Administrator.
The main responsibilities of the Post Holder are as follows:
- To assist students with specific learning needs in various subjects at All Hallows under the direction of the SENCO.
- To assist in providing support to individuals and small groups of students as required.
- To contribute towards creating learning experiences for the students in accordance with the published mission statement and aims of the school, maintaining departmental policies on methodology, homework, assessment and reporting which reflect these aims.
- To assist in the preparation of materials for teaching.
- To participate in appropriate departmental meetings.
- Such other duties as required by the SENCO as will benefit the school and the post holders professional development.
The Post Holder may be requested to assist with other activities such as:
- Undertaking one-to-one tuition with targeted students.
- Attending on and off-site training activities as required.
- Assisting with non-class based activities such as trips, awaydays, sports activities etc.
- Assisting with form groups and liaising with parents / guardians as required.
The Post holder may be required to carry out other tasks or duties as reasonably requested by the Head of Department or Headteacher from time to time.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive description of the post, and may be reviewed and amended at any time in consultation with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to participate in appropriate staff training and development activities.