Bicester Learning Academy is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant.
This is a fixed-term post until 31st August 2018. The working hours for this position are up to 31.50 hours per week for 38 weeks a year (term time only). The salary is £15,807 pro rata per annum (this equates to £11,208 per annum for 31.5 hours per week). Please state your preferred number of working hours in your application.
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- An excellent pension scheme
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Training opportunities
- Great colleagues
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Worked with children.
- Worked in a similar role at a school/setting.
- Computer literacy across Microsoft products.
- Understanding of relevant polices/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
- General understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies.
- Basic understanding of child development and learning.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- Flexibility in their working approach.
- Enthusiasm and commitment.
- The ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of all children
- An awareness of responsibilities for health and safety of themselves and other
- Successful and satisfactory background check received from the isclosure and Barring Service (DBS) after interview and before appointment.
- A commitment to safeguarding children.
Further details and an application form are available on the Academy website:
Please contact Human Resources with any questions:
Tel: (01869) 362697
Closing date for receipt of applications:
Wednesday 21st March 2018, 4pm
Bicester Learning Academy is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Details of the Academy’s policies relating to the Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosure and Barring Certificates and Disclosure information are included within the recruitment pack.