TEACHING ASSISTANTS – required to start as soon as possible
We are recruiting in the new Opal Centre, which caters for pupils with ASD.
Salary: Grade Scale 2, £15,613 plus London weighting £1,815. Point 10-13
(pro rata over 39 weeks i.e. £14,522 including London weighting)
Are you someone who has both experience of working with children and a desire to work in a dynamic and creative team?
We are a Rights Respecting School and this is embedded in our Fryent ethos. We believe that in primary school, happiness is key to success. We have the highest possible aspirations for our staff and pupils. It is expected that all our children make excellent progress and develop the skills and personal qualities that they will need for the future. At Fryent, we have high expectations where outstanding learning and the well-being of all pupils and staff are at the heart of our improvement planning, our pedagogy and practice.
Why work at Fryent Primary school?
· Pupils and their outcomes are at the heart of school life.
· An open and supportive staff team with a focus on improving practice and raising standards.
· Pupils who demonstrate an excitement for learning.
· Opportunities for staff to grow and develop.
· Everyone is valued.
You must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Buy into the culture, vision and ethos of the school.
- Work without compromise or excuses in achieving the best possible outcomes for the pupils.
- Be open to change and development, both as an individual and as part of our school.
- Demonstrate initiative, problem solving skills, be proactive with a positive attitude
- Can work cooperatively and flexibly in a team.
- Display good communication skills.
- Have appropriate experience working in a school and/or with pupils with ASD.
Fryent Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check and satisfactory references.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted unless accompanied by a completed application form.
For an application pack, please either download a form from the school website or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 26th January 2018 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 1st February 2018
Interview: Wednesday 7th February 2018