Teaching Assistant for Autism student
Experienced or trained to work with Autistic young people?
Qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning? (Not compulsory)
May 2018 start
Keighley SEND school
- This family friendly, inclusive school community has a rare opening for an additional support staff member to join their staff team.
- This requirement is to work with a lively and active student in KS1 area of school who is currently developing his social, emotional and communication abilities and requires 1:1 support in order to meet his learning goals.
- Some aspects of the role include supporting him in class, working individually in the nurture room and with individual tasks, supporting from a distance at play time and in peer interaction, feeding back to class teacher and parents, interpreting and working from teacher’s planning during some short sessions to deliver input.
- Team Teach training is a must for this role in order the correctly respond to and manage some more challenging behaviours.
- Vision for Education can provide courses during Easter holidays and May half term for those who have not completed this recently FREE OF CHARGE.
- Working hours are 8.30-3.30pm Monday to Friday. Your timetable will include working one to one part of the day, as well as rotating to work with other students to keep interaction varied for the young person.
- The pay for this role will be between £63 and £69 (per day).
This school is well resourced and staffed by some excellent practitioners, and a high standard of candidate is required. You will be paid in accordance with the school’s pay scales for their own staff.
Pending the success of the post, for those interested in longer term work and progression, this may become a permanent requirement you can apply for..Up to date training in Safeguarding training is essential and we will require you to complete a 6 hour course with us (free of charge) if you have not completed a certified course in the last 9 months.
- A hard working and ethical agency
- Paid by PAYE
- Full adherence to Agency Workers’ Regulations
- Access to unlimited training free of charge
- Fully expensed social events to meet other staff
- Friendly and professional, knowledgeable and approachable
We know and support SEND.
Please contact our friendly SEND team in Huddersfield today for more information or to apply for this role on 01484 642928 or firstname.lastname@example.org