We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Teaching Assistant to join the team in our new Complex Communication Needs (CCN) Base which opens in September 2019. You will be working 25 hours per week - timetable to be agreed.
Under the direction and supervision of the Base Leader, you will:
(a) Support the learning and progress of pupils with CCN, both on an individual and small group basis
(b) Help meet pupils’ academic, social, emotional and communication needs both within the base and their mainstream class
We are looking for someone who:
• Can demonstrate knowledge, understanding and experience relating to pupils with high-level SEND; especially CCN, ASC, Speech and Language Difficulties and/or Dyslexia
• Has experience of enabling children with high-level needs to make progress in their learning; applying knowledge of the curriculum appropriately and having high expectations for every child.
• Develops effective relationships with children that enable them to engage well in their learning and develop socially, emotionally and personally.
• Is supportive of a therapeutic approach - both when managing challenging behaviour and in their daily approach (training will be provided)
• Is committed to excellent team-work and communicates effectively with colleagues, parents and children
• Demonstrates emotional resilience and enjoys the challenge of a varied and highly-rewarding role
We can offer you:
• Support and guidance from our experienced team
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The chance to make a big difference to our school and the children within it.
The school is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children in its care and candidates will be asked to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding children and complete an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Applications should be made online via www.dorsetforyou.com/vacancies
Visit our website at www.gillinghamprimary.dorset.sch.uk for further details.