We are looking to appoint several enthusiastic and dynamic Teaching Assistants for our EAL department, on a temporary basis. Are you a native or near native speaker of English, have a passion for language learning, and are motivated to bring our students to the next level in their language learning? We would love to hear from you!
A Teaching Assistant is charged with pupil guidance and educational support, responds to specific situations and acts according to the needs of the teacher and to his or her own insight. The Teaching Assistant contributes to the design and planning of learning activities, working methods and/or assignments, makes suggestions for improvement and attunes this with the teacher and makes independent pedagogical and didactic contributions to the educational process.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Innovative, committed to learning and up-to-date with current research
- Inspiring, challenging and empowering
- An excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work collaboratively and support the ongoing development of the EAL department and the whole school
- Proactive and have an enthusiastic approach
- Flexible and have the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community
- A role model for the ISH Community Profile
Qualifications and experience:
- Teaching Assistant qualification for Secondary Education, or related field
- Experience as a teaching assistant, or teacher in Secondary Education
- Experience in Language Acquisition assistance/teaching
- Excellent communicator in English
- Experience with online methods and tools
- Applicants who have the right to work in The Netherlands
- Experience with international students and/or schools
- Qualification in Language Acquisition
Skills and Abilities
- Attentive to different learning needs and a genuine interest in supporting students to access the curriculum
- Ability to differentiate content, process and product
- Creativity to develop educational tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with colleagues and students
Please follow the link to the Teaching Assistant profile function for more information.
This is a temporary appointment for one year. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education. This position is subsidised by the NPO (Nationaal Programma Onderwijs ) budget made available by the Dutch government to address the recovery and development of education during and after Corona.
Other benefits include the 8% holiday allowance, a year-end bonus of 8%, a contribution towards travel expenses and the ABP pension scheme.
In addition staff are given a number of options for tax benefits regarding trade union dues, the costs of sports (fitness) membership fees, the purchase of a bicycle (for commuting purposes) and a travel allowance (cafeteria scheme). Rijnlands staff also receive discounts on various insurance policies.
You are invited to express your interest by following the quick apply link and submitting the TES application form, personal motivation letter and CV (all in English) - incomplete applications may not be considered.
Deadline for Applications: Monday, 6 December 2021. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible. Please note that the school reserves the right to interview suitable applicants early and appoint a successful candidate prior to the deadline. In case of equal suitability, internal candidates are preferred.
The International School of the Hague is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
To this end, the leadership team is required to conduct an oral reference check by directly contacting the current or previous employer.
Furthermore, those who are appointed at The International School of The Hague are required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct (in Dutch: VOG). Your appointment with The Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation takes place on condition that you obtain a VOG. Needless to say, Rijnlands will reimburse all costs in relation thereto.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school and our mission, vision and values: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via our website/job-vacancies .
Please refrain from placing this advert on recruiting websites without our permission or using it for acquisition purposes.
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands (Kijkduin). The school is made up of a Prima...