This role is offered on a fixed term basis in the first instance till April 2017
Six vacancies have arisen for Teaching Assistants for KS1/KS2 working within the Primary Section of the Business Academy Bexley.
The successful candidates will work with children on a one-to-one basis or in small or large groups and will be responsible for providing complimentary services to teachers and support staff in the school and address the needs of pupils who require support to overcome the barriers to learning they experience both inside and outside the school. The post holders will also take responsibility for raising levels of achievements for identified students and ensure that individual learning needs are met.
Working with our primary teachers at the Academy we need staff who can demonstrate:
- Experience of working with or caring for children under the age of 11 years
- A basic understanding of child development and how children learn
- An ability to relate well to young people and adults
- Proven literacy, numeracy, listening and communication skills including IT skills
- A level 3 qualification in Classroom Support Studies or similar.
- SEN experience and experience working with Children in a one - to - one basis.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
Enthusiasm, an ability to motivate children of all abilities to maximise their learning potential, resilience when faced with challenges, and able to work as part of a close and supportive team.
Successful applicants will work to a learning plan agreed with their teacher colleagues enabling access to learning for students with special educational needs; deliver support programmes and assist teachers in the management of students in the classroom. They will also contribute to raising levels of achievement for identified students and ensuring that individual learning needs are met.
Applications can be downloaded from the Academy Website and the closing date will be: Wednesday 7th December 2016
Completed applications can be posted via internal mail or emailed to Judith Ogundalu: firstname.lastname@example.org