Teaching Assistant for Specific Pupils - Inclusion
(Job role ref 51 Teaching Assistant Grade 1 - Primary GLPC Grade 2 SCP 11-13)
Part-time: 30 hours per week/39 weeks per year
Hours: 08.30am - 3.30pm (39 weeks per year)
Salary: £18,357 - £18,396 pro rata (£12,997 - £13,024 per annum, actual salary)
Fixed term contract to 31st August 2018
Required as soon as possible
Are you ready to INSPIRE pupils to overcome the challenges of deprivation? Will you have a direct and potitive IMPACT on their learning and education every day? Do you show and model INTEGRITY through your professional behaviour? If so, we are looking for TA's like you.
Mead Primary is part of The Learning Federation. In our Federation with Broadford Primary we believe that a child's socio-economic background should not be a barrier to success. We passionately believe that the children of Harold Hill deserve the best education we can provide; our schools' results place us significantly above the national average despite the challenging context.
We achieve this becuase we expect all staff to make the education of their pupils their first concern, and be accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to take on a crucial role within the largest Primary School community in Havering - totalling over 1,300 pupils!
We are looking to appoint a hardworking and dedicated person to join our Inclusion Team and work supporting specific pupils with ASD. Your role would be to enhance the pupil's learning and life skills in a way which is individualised to their specific needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with pupils who are on the Autistic Spectrum. Due to the nature of the role, you may deal with a varied level of the condition, so being able to adapt your supporting methods is essential. You will be a positive, proactive team player who enjoys a challenge. As an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant, you will have worked with Autistic pupils in a classroom environment and have a good level of education.
Experience of the following is desirable:
- Experience of working with children with ASD, behavioural difficulties or ADHD;
- A passion for supporting children with SEN;
- A successful Teaching Assistant who is able to raise and sustain high standards;
- An innovative and creative practitioner with a drive an passion to ensure all students achieve;
- Enthusiasm for working with a range of students with differing needs and abilities;
- Initiative and a keenness to be involved in all aspects of Mead School life;
- The ability to work with teachers and parents to ensure a collaborative approach to teaching and learning for children with SEN;
- A proven track record supporting children with SEN to make good progress;
- A Teaching Assistant who is able to enthuse and inspire students;
- Knowledge of early language and development play;
- Confidence in behaviour management
- Ideally, experience of working in EYFS, and an understanding of P-levels;
- A proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism;
- Confidence in working independently with small groups of students or individuals.
- GCSE Maths and English (Level A-C) is a requirement.
We can offer you:
- Well behaved, hardworking and enthusiastic pupils;
- An inspiring, supportive school community;
- A commitment to a culture of continuous professional development
Closing date: 5.00pm Sunday 18th February 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 19th February 2018
Please apply online at www.haveringschools.jobs. Should you experience any technical difficutly please contact Havering Education HR on 01708 431636.