Position: Teaching Assistant, Term Time + 1 week
Responsible to: SENCO and Learning Centre Lead
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels”?
Outstanding Teaching Assistant needed for an exceptional school
The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Become a key influence in supporting students to succeed beyond national expectations
· Work with dedicated and enthusiastic staff to inspire these students both inside the classroom and outside of the classroom through acting as pastoral tutors and supporting extracurricular clubs and activities.
· Enjoy magnificent facilities and state of art ICT
· Benefit from a strong staff wellbeing culture and a range of employee benefits
The successful candidate will:
· Have a successful academic record, preferably a degree in a named field of study if subject/faculty based
or hold a recognized Teaching Assistant qualification (NVQ Level 2 or 3) or a willingness to undertake training /course/ apprenticeship programme leading to a qualified Teaching Assistant status.
· Have some knowledge of the UK National Curriculum.
· Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
A Section 128 check will be carried out on individuals applying for any role that retains or has been delegated any management responsibilities under the terms of a direction made by the Secretary of State for Education.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.