Closing Dates: 5th September 2017
Salary: Academy has its own competitive salary scales
Contract type: Permanent/Term Time plus 10 days
Contract term: September/October 2017 Start
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels”?
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high”
Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
Outstanding Teaching Assistant needed for an exceptional school
The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Either contribute to a specific Faculty in line with their specialist subject areas or join as SEN in class support TA to work with our most vulnerable students
· Become a key influence in supporting students to succeed beyond national expectations
· Work with dedicated and enthusiastic staff to inspire these students both inside the classroom and outside of the classroom through acting as pastoral tutors and supporting extracurricular clubs and activities.
· Enjoy magnificent facilities and state of art ICT
· Benefit from a strong staff wellbeing culture and a range of employee benefits
The successful candidate will:
· Have a successful academic record, preferably a degree in a named field of study if subject/faculty based
or hold a recognized Teaching Assistant qualification (NVQ Level 2 or 3) or a willingness to undertake training /course leading to a qualified Teaching Assistant status.
· Have some knowledge of the UK National Curriculum.
· Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the Academy’s safer recruitment procedure successful candidate will undergo the enhanced DBS checks.
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and visit our recruitment – vacancies page