Harris Academy Tottenham is a new academy with a specialism in Mathematics and Enterprise. This will be an exciting opportunity to be part of an excellent team who will develop and provide outstanding teaching and learning and exceptional outcomes for students from 3-18 years of age.
We are looking for an inspiring and talented teaching assistant to work closely with the class teachers at Harris Academy Tottenham. You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and want the very best for our students. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
We have opportunities in our primary and secondary phases.
This role is term time only + three weeks.
What we are looking for:
- A successful teaching assistant who is able to raise and sustain high standards;
- An innovative and creative practitioner with a drive and passion to ensure all students achieve;
- Enthuiasm for working with a range of students with differing needs and abilities;
- Someone who will show initiative and a keenness to be involved in all aspects of the Academy life;
- A teaching assistant who is able to enthuse and inspire students;
- A proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism;
- Confidence in working independently with small groups of students
Harris Academy Tottenham is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you training and opportunities to support your career development. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris Academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
Why work at Harris Academy Tottenham?
- The opportunity to work with senior leaders experienced in creating Outstanding academies;
- A calm, well-disciplined yet positive and innovative learning environment;
- Cross curricular and cross Federation experience to develop your career;
- Excellent prospects for future promotion;
- Superb professional development, including a thorough induction programme, and promotion opportunities both within the academy and through the Harris Federation; this will ensure that you are always at the forefront of teaching and learning innovation;
- A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best.
Our ethos is based on our values of Endeavour, Enjoy and Excel. As part of the Harris Federation you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation. If you are committed to the learning and wellbeing of young people, we welcome your application.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.