Smart Teachers is recruiting for a talented Teaching Assistant to join a school rated by Ofsted as being “Good” in Haringey, North London. The school are ideally looking for a graduate Teaching Assistant who has an interest in becoming a teacher in the not so distant future; however, this is not essential. This position will be to support an autistic child in Year 1. This full time position is available from September 2017. This school welcomes both experienced and newly qualified candidates to apply.
About the Role
· Teaching Assistant
· Supporting an autistic child in Year 1
· Full time role
· Salary ranging from £65 to £75 per day
About the School
· 2 form Entry primary school – infant and junior site (both “Good”)
· Mixed cohort of pupils with a diverse range of ethnicities
· Behaviour is good across the school
· Large premises with multiple play grounds
· Located a short walk from a busy over ground station with great transport links via public transport and car
· As of September this school will be a Forest school in all year groups
· Supportive leadership with continuous professional development
· Experienced in supporting NQTs
· Facilities include a swimming pool, a gym and multi-use games area (MUGA)
· After school clubs available until late each school day
In order to be considered for this role, the Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a relevant teaching degree (preferred)
· Proven experience in the UK or equivalent curriculum (essential)
· Experience in a similar position (preferred)
· Strong behaviour management (preferred)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN50046.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.