We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work in the SEN department across the key stages. We are looking for someone who:
• demonstrates a calm and steady manner
• enjoys working with young people of secondary school age
• has strong numeracy and literacy skills
• has competent ICT skills
• has good interpersonal skills and is able to work as part of a team
• is flexible in their approach and willing to take on new challenges.
We support students with a wide range of special educational needs and disability including visual and hearing impairment; autism; specific and general learning difficulties. Experience of supporting students with literacy difficulties, including dyslexia, is desirable. You may be asked to deliver small group reading interventions.
The post would be suitable for someone interested in gaining experience in a school environment with a view to training as a teacher in the future.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• Bespoke CPD to suit your career goals
• Competitive salary with London fringe allowance
• An admission policy prioritising the children of staff
• Use of a new on-site fitness suite
• Lovely school grounds in leafy surrounds with ample parking.
Application forms, available from the school website, should be returned with a covering letter to the Headmaster, Mr Michael Jones.
Parmiter’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must declare any criminal convictions as the post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointments will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service and references from previous employers. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
"Purposeful, friendly, with an inclusive feel and a sense of both history and progressiveness."
The Good Schools Guide
Parmiter's School relocated to the current 60 acre rural Hertfordshire site from London's East End in 1977. The site is curre...