TEACHING ASSISTANT/HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
ELSTREE SCREEN ARTS ACADEMY
15 hours per week, Term Time plus 5 INSET days
H3-H6 Point 5-19: £19,312 - £25,481 + £898 fringe allowance FTE (pro rata)
Actual Salary including fringe allowance: £6,986.15 - £9,118.63
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking a Teaching Assistant/Higher Level Teaching Assistant to support students’ learning and wellbeing, working directly with our SENDCo, and Assistant Principal for inclusion and student wellbeing.
We would like you to have:
● NVQ level 2 in numeracy and literacy (or equivalent)
● Gained NOS or HLTA status (for HLTA)
● Knowledge/experience of working 1-1 with students with ASD and ADHD
● Experience of working with students who have Education and Health Care Plans
● A commitment to achievement for all, regardless of background and ability
● Excellent literacy and communication skills
● Graduate degree in a relevant subject
● Experience of working with young people
● An interest or skill in line with our specialism
We can offer:
● A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
● The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
● The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
● Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
● Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
● To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
● The vacancy closes on 4th October 2021 at 10.00am; however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
● Interview date: 8th October 2021
● If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
This role includes working with specific students with special educational needs and those covered by an educational health and care plan. This role is conditional on the ongoing funding provided to ESA to provide for the needs of particular students in receipt of an Educational Health and Care Plan.
Website: https://esaacademy.org / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Studio Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 5NN
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
Elstree Screen Arts Academy
- Mainstream school with state - university technical college (utc) funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 19 years
Love Learning. Make Magic.
Elstree Screen Arts Academy is a new and different kind of school and Sixth Form college for young people aged 14 to 19 years old. We specialise in behind-the-scenes media production, performing arts and the entertainments ...