Teaching Assistant for Holy Island C of E First School
We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and caring person to join our school team from September 2018.
Holy Island C of E First School is looking for someone to join our school as a Teaching Assistant. You would be working mainly at the school on Holy Island to support the teacher when the causeway is closed. You would also have occasional hours at Lowick C of E First School to allow you to understand the learning journey of our children whilst they are educated there. This will also give you the opportunity for training, support and team work with the wider group of staff.
We need someone who:
· Cares about children and supporting their learning journey in a fun and supportive way
· Is friendly and helpful
· Is willing to be adaptable according to the needs of the school and the children
· Can communicate effectively
· Likes to be active and to be outdoors
· Will be an ambassador for our school with the local community and supports our school ethos
· Is able to be on the school site when the causeway is closed
In return we can offer:
· The chance to work with a friendly and experienced team of teachers and teaching assistants
· The opportunity to learn and develop your skills
· A rewarding job working with young children
If you are able to drive and have your own transportation this would be an advantage, as it would be useful if sometimes the teaching assistant can assist with transporting the children between school sites.
Although you would be employed by the governing body of the federated schools (Lowick and Holy Island) you would be a member of the Holy Island C of E First School staff. The two schools remain as separate schools within a federation. In practice this means that they choose to work closely together and share a single governing body and an ethos.
Application forms and further documentation can be downloaded from the links on Jobs North East or below. Completed application forms, childcare disqualification form and criminal record declarations should submitted before the closing date. These can either be emailed or posted to / dropped off at the school (either Holy Island school or Lowick C of E First School is acceptable). The email address is email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
We are open to applicants also applying for the caretaker role currently being advertised and combining both jobs.
The position is permanent.
Salary: £5,403 - £5,707 per annum. Average of 15 hours per week (though this will vary depending on tides) this will work out as a 585 Annual Hours contract.