Teaching Assistant – Humanities Department specific (Geography and History)
Royal Borough of Greenwich
£65 - £80 per day
(Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 weeks experience in a similar education-based setting).
ASAP – ongoing (part time, 3 days per week)
About the role
Smart Teachers is currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant – Humanities Department at a good secondary state comprehensive school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. This Teaching Assistant role is part time, 3 days per week, and the successful candidate will be required to start ASAP. A degree in a Humanities subject (Geography and / or History) is essential for this role.
• Ofsted rated “Good” state comprehensive school
• Arts are highly valued
• Ethos of challenge and creativity
• Vision of “education to understand the world and change it for the better”
To be considered for this Teaching Assistant – Humanities Department position, you will:
• Hold an undergraduate degree in Geography and / or History
• Have proven experience supporting the UK or equivalent curriculum within the past two years
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
• Possess recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online EduCompli training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant with an undergraduate degree in Geography and / or History who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact Rachel Ridout on 020 7065 7508, quoting the reference RXRTA21623.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.