Part Time Term Time Only Teaching Assistant in Maths
Two part days – Thursday and Friday
(term time only 34 weeks) up to £3,297 p.a. (actual salary)
Can you inspire our students to improve their mathematical ability? Can you work with our students to develop the skills they need to be successful on their mathematics courses? Can you work with groups and individual students to help them understand what they have not managed to grasp so far? Can you motivate our students and move them from “I can’t!” to “I can!”?
If you can then perhaps you want to work with a team who love mathematics, are committed to putting students first, share their ideas and are always looking for ways to improve. If this describes you then you will be interested to know that we are looking for qualified people just like you to join us.
Of course you will be dynamic, you will have experience of working with young people to improve their mathematical skills particularly at GCSE level and you will put students at the heart of everything you do.
If you are part of the mathematics team at Nescot, you will:
• Enthuse students and motivate them to succeed
• Understand how well your students are performing and act to help them improve
• Find ways around the difficulties students have with solving mathematical problems.
• Contribute to the further improvement of teaching and learning in mathematics with colleagues in the department
• Work closely with teachers and managers to help students to improve their mathematical skills
Actual hours required are around 11am – 4 pm, but with some flexibility
Closing Date will be Wednesday 20 September 2017
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 27 September 2017