We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join our KS2 team at Harris Primary Academy Shortlands.
Harris Primary Academy Shortlands is a two-form entry school which opened in September 2014 in Bromley with our first Reception cohort. We believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success. We have just moved to a new building this year and we are hugely excited about the building, which is a modern and welcoming place for children and a fantastic location for existing and future staff. We have recently had our first Ofsted inspection and were rated outstanding.
At Shortlands, our Teaching Assistants play a key role in supporting children with their learning and development. They work closely with class teachers to understand the learning that the children need to achieve and are responsible for working with individual pupils or groups to enable them to make excellent progress. Specific training around phonics and maths is also offered so that TAs can lead their own groups and interventions. TAs are also expected to support teaching staff with their planning, preparation and assessment activities.
The person we are looking for will:
- Support children with their learning and development during lessons or free-flow activities as directed by the class teacher.
- Lead small group sessions and interventions according to teacher’s planning.
- Promote the general progress and well-being of pupils in your class/group.
- Maintain high standards of behaviour among pupils through the use of the Academy’s behaviour policy.
- Participate in administrative and organisational tasks relating to the duties above.
- Participate in Performance Management activities and also further training and professional development sessions as they arise.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Shortlands?
- A brand new building for our school, which will be a bright, modern and welcoming place for children to be
- Every lesson at our school will be creative and there will be plenty of time for children to think, to play, to discover and wonder
- Each child will be taught in the way that suits them best and we will step in quickly if a change is needed
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link, which includes the Job Description and Personal Specification, or to arrange a visit the school, please contact Mrs Clare Clark on 020 3772 4598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.