VACANCY: Teaching Assistant - KS2
Date posted: 08th April 2019.
Closing Date: 12 noon, 26th April 2019
Start date: September 2019
Contract type: Full Time, Term Time Only, 37.5 hours per week.
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: £14,500 p.a *
Leading independent school for girls and boys aged 3 to 18, St John’s College is the Choir School to Cardiff Metropolitan Cathedral and seeks to appoint a skilled teaching assistant to join the thriving and dynamic Junior School.
The school’s warm family atmosphere is embodied in the particularly close-knit community of its Junior School for pupils aged 7 to 11. Each pupil is regarded as a unique individual with his or her own individual requirements. All teachers know every pupil in the school and there is an open door policy for parents.
The teaching assistant team work closely together to provide a supportive and caring environment for pupils and they work closely with the Head of Juniors to ensure the smooth running of the Junior School.
The post involves:
• Supporting pupils and staff across years 3 to 6
• Supporting pupils within their English, Maths and Science lessons as directed by the class teacher.
• Reading support
• Playground support/duties
• Supporting ALN pupils within the classroom
• Attending trips and some sporting fixtures
• Supporting co-curricular clubs, during and after school
• Running digital assessments coordinated by teaching staff
• Supporting events e.g. Junior Eisteddfod, the Junior play
• Administrative tasks e.g. photocopying, letters, resource orders, displays, end of the day tidy and preparation for the next day, inputting tracking data etc
• Supporting the Junior School team by attending after school meetings, INSETs and attend a few pre-preparation days during the holiday period.
The candidate needs to have strong literacy and numeracy skills with relevant experience in the education sector. An educational qualification would be advantageous. Confidence with email, Word, Excel, G Suite and generally computer literate would be necessary. In addition, the role requires the candidate to be enthusiastic, flexible, proactive, approachable and caring.
St John’s College, Cardiff is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
* Additional Role Details:
Term Time Only. (36 weeks per year)
For operational reasons, employees working on a term time only basis are not entitled to request annual leave during term time. The payment for this leave entitlement is incorporated into the contracted weeks’ pay calculation and, together with salary, is paid in equal monthly instalments throughout the year. A breakdown of calculations will be provided with any offer of employment made.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please return a fully completed application form and covering letter of application to Mark Edwards – Cover & Business Support Manager – email@example.com
If you require this document in an alternative format, please also contact Mr Edwards directly on the email address above, or contact the College reception team on 02920 778 936.
The closing date is 12 noon on Friday 26th April; the College reserves the right to consider the merit of early applications.
APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO UNDERGO CHILD PROTECTION SCREENING APPROPRIATE TO THE POST INCLUDING CHECKS WITH PAST EMPLOYERS AND THE DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE.