Hours: Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week, Term time only
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistants to work with our KS3 and KS4 students to support them in making progress both academically and emotionally.
New Forest School is an outstanding, small independent school with an excellent reputation for working with vulnerable students with ASD, attachment difficulties, social, emotional and mental health needs and challenging behaviours.
Successful applicants will work in a small class group (usually 4 students) to provide emotional and academic support that enables them to access their education, this includes breaking down learning, using strategies and behaviour plans and applying therapeutic techniques.
In fulfilling the requirements of the post, the Teaching Assistant will demonstrate essential professional characteristics, and in particular will:
- Ability to form relationships with young people so as to support them academically and emotionally.
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children though following relevant policies and procedures.
- Be able to support students with following their behaviour plans and strategies.
- Be proactive in matters of Health and Safety.
- Communicate efficiently with the Senior Leadership Team, staff, parents and external agencies as required.
- Maintain detailed and accurate student records on a timely basis.
- Ability to use initiative and creativity to problem solve.
- Driving licence is preferable.
In return we can offer:
- A supportive, passionate and friendly working environment.
- Staff Bonus Scheme after qualifying period and subject to company performance.
- Excellent Continuing Professional Development opportunities.
- Staff Introduction Bonus.
New Forest Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
*T&Cs apply to Welcome Bonus.