Vacancy ID: 007718
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is on an exciting journey developing our provision to become at least good. Our provision caters for pupils within Stockton authority. The Bishopton site for Key Stage 2/3/4 pupils has provision for up to 50 pupils and supports pupils who are permanently excluded, partnership places or have been admitted by the Fair Access Protocol. Bishopton also brokers vocational placements with alternative providers for Key Stage 4 pupils who remain solely on the rolls of their mainstream schools.
Salary: £15,286.35 - £16,124.12 per annum
Benefits & Grade: Grade F
Contract Details: Term Time Only + PD Days
Redhill is a separate building on the same site as Bishopton for Anxious/Medical Pupils and has provision for 25 pupils as well as overseeing home and hospital tuition.
The total number on roll varies in line with demand.
We wish to appoint a Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work on our Redhill site provision.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supporting pupils with a wide range of SEMH
- Be able to demonstrate experience of supporting the delivery of a personalised curriculum.
- Support teachers in the assessment of pupil progress
- Demonstrate knowledge of pupil's developmental needs.
- Be a consistently good practitioner.
- Be committed, flexible and able to motivate students of all abilities.
- Be passionate about developing the whole child.
- Have high expectations of pupils.
- To undertake the professional duties outlined above by having regard to Teaching Assistant Standards.
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children.
Closing Date: 28/06/2017
Application forms and further information are available from and should be returned to the School. Completed applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Marsh House Avenue,
TS23 3HB, Tel: (01642) 566369
Acting Head Teacher: Miss Sarah Birch Email: email@example.com, www.bishoptoncentre.org.uk