Teaching Assistant (32.5 hours/week)
Grade: A1/B1 point 8 (£16,626) to point 17 (£18,672) pro rata or B3 point 18 (£18,870) to 21 (£20,541) for an experienced Level 2 qualified Teaching Assistant
Actual salary: A1/B1 - £12,435 to £13,965 or B3 - £14,113 to £15,363
Hours: 32.5 hours weekly / term time only plus 5 days
Experience: Salary start point will be dependent on experience and we will also consider a Level 2 qualified Teaching Assistant on salary grade B3, scp 18 to 21.
This role is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
Are you looking for to make a real difference to enhancing the life chances of children?
The governors of our caring, friendly and rapidly improving academy wish to appoint an enthusiastic, highly effective Teaching Assistant / Lunchtime Assistant to join our team. We have a role which is initially in EYFS and/or KS1 but we are looking to appoint a person who would be willing to work in with primary aged children of all ages.
We are looking for someone who:
· is able to work 1:1 delivering individual programmes to children with Complex Communication Difficulties, Autism and Social, Emotional & Mental Health Difficulties across the whole school from Early Years to Year 6
- is able to work alongside the class teacher to further children’s learning and deepen their understanding
- is positive and creative
- is able to motivate, inspire and encourage children
- has excellent interpersonal skills
- is committed to developing and maintaining close links with the whole community
- is able to build positive relationships with staff and parents
- enjoys working as part of a hardworking and happy team
- must have a least GCSE / ‘O’ Level Maths and English at grade C or equivalent
- is prepared to contribute to enhancing the school beyond the classroom
In return, we can offer you:
- friendly, enthusiastic children
- support of a caring staff team committed to children’s success
- professional development working as part of The GORSE Academies Trust
- fun and a challenge!
Working as part of The GORSE Academies Trust, we will ensure that our children receive an outstanding education that focuses on aspiration, high expectations and personalisation.
If you feel that you have the necessary experience, skills and abilities, we look forward to hearing from you.
An Application pack (including Job description and Person Specification) is available to download from The GORSE Academies Trust website www.tgat.org.uk/jobs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0113 263 2433
Completed applications should be returned to Joanne.email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 2 January 2019 at 12 noon
Interview date: TBC
Working in partnership with The Gorse Academies Trust
If you would like to know more about The Gorse Academies Trust, please visit; https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/the-gorse-academies-trust-1071685
TGAT Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders 2018
Ryecroft Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks. We promote diversity and aim to establish a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.