Teaching Assistant Level 2
30 hours per week
(Monday to Friday hours may be allocated between 8-4.30 by agreement)
Fixed term 1 year with a probationary period
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our committed, professional and friendly team. The successful candidate will, in the first instance, be working alongside colleagues supporting a child in our Year 1 class. We would be particularly interested in hearing from applicants with either experience in or a desire to support children with special educational needs.
· have a good rapport with children and be able to engage them in learning
· be able to work flexibly as part of a team with drive and passion to ensure that all children achieve
· be willing and able to share good practice and learn from others
We would be particularly interested in hearing from applicants who:
· have experience working within Early Years or KS1
· have experience of successfully supporting children with ASD or other additional needs
· are Elklan trained.
These experiences would be desirable although not essential. We offer opportunities for continuing your professional development.
For further details, a job description and the application form, or if you would like to arrange a visit to the school, please email or phone the school office.
Morley Memorial Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The above post is subject to the receipt of good references and enhanced DBS checks.
Final date when applications will be considered: 10 December 2018. Candidates will be shortlisted on a rolling basis so early application is advised.
Interviews: 13/14 December 2018 or earlier