Marchbank Free School is part of The Education Village Academy Trust family of schools. Established to cater for primary aged children with Social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties, the free school is situated in a beautiful red brick building in magnificent grounds in Darlington, but serving the North East region.
Salary: £18,358 - £20,135 per annum
Benefits & Grade: Grade L SCP 22-25
Contract Details: Term Time plus one week
Contract Hours: 37 hours per week
We are seeking to make the following temporary appointment:
- We are looking for a teaching assistant to join our small team.
- You must be a qualified and experienced teaching assistant.
- You must have a genuine love of working with children, a desire to develop the whole child, a belief in supporting children to access the curriculum so that they can enjoy learning and an understanding of some of the difficulties children with recognised SEMH may have to endure.
- You will be emotionally secure, resilient, have a great sense of humour and above all value the importance of working in a team.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
- How they will assist teachers in the man-agement of the children
- How they are able to ensure the learning environments are equipped and prepared to allow lessons to run smoothly and teaching and learning to be maximised
- The ability to work under the guidance of teaching staff to undertake support programmes to enable all children can access learning
- A clear commitment towards raising standards and demonstrate high expectations to enable all learners to reach their potential;
- Excellent organisation skills with a commitment to professional development;
- A commitment to child protection procedures and policy and an understanding of safeguarding.
- Some knowledge and understanding of the SEMH student population, the difficulties they may face and how to help them achieve in school.
Further details and ap-plication form can be downloaded from www.educationvillage.org.uk
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit please contact Mandy Southwick on 01325 254670 or 07985 478799.
Completed applications should be returned to the school by 12 noon on the closing date.
Closing Date: 20/01/2017
Interviews to be held week commencing 23rd January 2017
The Education Village Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promot-ing the welfare of young people. This post is subject an enhanced DBS check.