WINIFRED HOLTBY ACADEMY
Teaching Assistant Level 2
Grade 4 (SCP 15–18) £10,804 – £11,435 actual salary
Term time only (plus 5 days)
27.5 hours per week
Fixed Term - 1 year from date of appointment
Winifred Holtby Academy is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support pupils in a classroom setting.
As part of this role, you will provide support to encourage and develop skills to achieve full participation in class activities and to help meet the daily core needs of our pupils. In this role you will also experience whole class and small group work.
For this post we are looking for qualified teaching assistants with:
- Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
- NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Proven experience of working in a school or educational establishment
- Experience of working unsupervised with classes / groups of pupils
- A knowledge of commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
Able to demonstrate:
- Recent or current successful teaching assistant experience with pupils of the relevant age group as well as some experience of working with children with additional needs
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
- A calm and consistent approach
- A willingness to learn & take on new ideas
- Good team working capacity
- The ability to write coherently and effectively, suing expected standards in English
- High expectations of what all pupils can achieve
- An ability to motivate and inspire confidence in pupils
- IT skills to enable effective use of ICT to support learning
In return we can offer you:
- A positive and optimistic working environment focused on pupil progress
- Exceptional facilities and resources to enable you to reach your full potential
- An opportunity to grow and develop within a strong team of committed colleagues
- ·Excellent professional development opportunities
The post is fixed term for one year from the date of appointment and will be reviewed based on the needs of the Academy.
Further details, including job description and person specification are available from the Academy website (www.winifredholtbyacademy.co.uk/vacancies).
Closing date: Noon on Friday 26th January 2018
Interviews will be held: TBC
Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs Bowman, P.A. to the Principal by the closing date. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As part of the pre-appointment check, all applicants will be checked for a Prohibition Order in EEA member states and also GTCE Sanctions prior to shortlisting
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.