£14,713 - £18,903 actual salary
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Four Dwellings Primary Academy is a friendly, welcoming two form entry primary school which is passionate about providing the best possible learning for its children. We are based in a new state-of-the-art building, located in Birmingham, West Midlands.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced teaching assistant who will have a significant impact on our journey of improvement. We are looking for committed, hard-working, enthusiastic teaching assistants who are able to consistently demonstrate good classroom practice, and are qualified at Level 3 or equivalent.
The successful candidate should be passionate about making a difference to the lives of pupils with a range of needs, dedicated to maximising pupil achievement, excited about collaborative working and keen to join a school that is rapidly improving.
- Already hold a Teaching Assistant NVQ level 3 and have a proven track record of contributing to the raising of standards.
- Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve.
- Have a commitment to working strategically as part of a team to improve standards of teaching and learning.
- Have the confidence, skills and abilities to lead and manage interventions throughout the school.
- Be able to analyse data to support school improvement.
- Be a positive role model in school.
- Be committed to the principles of inclusion
- Be a team player, open to coaching and mentoring.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Be committed to fostering excellent relationships between parents, carers and the community.
In return we offer:
- A ‘family’ school feeling at the heart of a thriving local community.
- A chance to work within an Academy community (locally and nationally) that promotes outstanding practice.
- A friendly supportive team of staff and governors.
- Parents who value the school and children who have a thirst to learn.
- A commitment to your ongoing professional development.
- Opportunities to lead and contribute to exciting whole Academy developments on leadership, learning and assessment.
The recruitment and retention of our staff is of the utmost importance and we want you to thrive and develop your career here.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our schools, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, qualities, competencies and expertise and are energised by the prospect of being part of our team, then we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school are welcomed on 5 June 2018 from 1.30 pm to 5.15 pm, or 7 June 2018 from 8.15 am to 12.00 pm. Please contact Mrs L Piddington on 0121 464 3351 or email email@example.com to book a slot on one of these days.
Interviews will be held on Monday 25 June 2018.
Closing date: Friday 15 June 2018. Applications will be considered as and when they arrive.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding procedure we are unable to accept CV’s. To apply, please click on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.