Teaching Assistant Level 3 – permanent position available
Hillsborough Primary School
Grade 4 £19,554 - £21,589 pro rata
Hours 35 hours 39 weeks
The governors of Hillsborough Primary School are seeking to appoint a Level 3 Teaching Assistant who is enthusiastic and suitably qualified to work across KS1 and KS2.
Hillsborough is a larger than average primary school in north Sheffield. The school is at the heart of its community and in November 2013 became a member of Tapton School Academy Trust. The Trust have a shared vision to ‘realise the life chances and dreams of every child’. Our mission is to provide a safe place to be, provide great teaching and learning and create an environment where all opportunities are within reach. Membership provides a range of opportunities for collaborative working and continuing professional development with a network of secondary and primary schools within the locality.
Applicants must believe passionately in creating an outstanding learning environment and in ensuring all children achieve and make the best possible progress.
You will need to have:
• Excellent inclusive practice
• Demonstrate evidence of working successfully with children with additional needs
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills as evidenced by at least GCSE or equivalent
Level C standard in these subjects, having at least an NVQ Level 3 (a Teaching Assistant equivalent qualification is desirable)
• Contribute to the educational and social development of the children.
• The ability to work as part of a team and to also be able to demonstrate a high level of personal organisation.
• Knowledge and understanding of child development
• Have high expectations of every child enabling them to make exceptional progress
• Some experience of whole class supervision
We can offer you:
• A vibrant learning opportunity with a team who are committed to great teaching and learning for all its pupils and who share a whole school vision of excellence for the future
• Children who love learning and want to achieve
• A well-resourced and stimulating environment
• An established MAT of schools which shares and builds on effective practice
• A diverse school with children from all walks of life
• A great place to work where colleagues are valued and receive high quality support with rich learning and development opportunities
If you are ready for such a challenge then please click below to apply today. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please call to arrange a time.
For further information and an application pack please contact Mrs Hill at Hillsborough Primary School on 0114 2347898 or by email at email@example.com
Alternatively, application forms can be obtained from TES or under the vacancies page on our school website. www.hillsborough.sheffield.sch.uk
Please DO NOT complete a Sheffield City Council application form for this post.
Closing date for the applications: Friday 17th January 2020
Shortlisting: Monday 20th January 2020
Interviews: Friday 24th January 2020
Hillsborough Primary School and Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.