Responsible to: Assistant Headteacher of Morley House
We are seeking an experienced and talented teaching assistant to cover a period of maternity leave from January 2018 until July 2018.
This role available on a full time basis or for three days a week (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
Hours of work: 8.30am to 4.30pm
Salary: £16,632 per annum (£12 per hour)
Purpose of Job/Key objectives
To provide support for the Teaching Staff in Morley House and to help to run a variety of extra-curricular activities, in order to increase the opportunity for high achievement and memorable moments for students.
Principal Duties/Tasks and responsibilities
- Preparing the physical environment of the classroom for lessons
- Ensuring that teaching materials are ready for use
- Helping teachers to plan lessons
- Listening to children read out loud
- Teaching children techniques which will help them to improve their reading
- Reading out loud to children
- Listening to children reading
- Helping children who have learning difficulties to complete tasks
- Taking notes for children who have difficulty keeping up with the pace of the class
- Helping children make displays and putting these displays up around the classroom
- Taking charge of group activities and making sure all students are involved
- Taking charge of children who have problems or have had an accident
- Providing general encouragement for all the children in the class
- Taking extra time to explain the teaching material to children who have not understood it the first time
- Helping teachers to assess the work and providing feedback to the children
- Help to planning sports days and extra-curricular activities
- Help to take charge of these activities on the day
- Keeping classroom records and notes about the progress of all the children
- Support with school and class trips as required
- Support with school sports fixtures as required
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as appropriate
- Perform any other task deemed reasonable by the Headmaster as appropriate to their experience and training
- Award house points and commendations in consultation with teaching staff.
- Be proactive in maintaining standards throughout the school.