Harris Academy Morden have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. We are traditional in our approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. The academy's GCSE results in 2017 place us in the top 1% of schools nationally with a Progress 8 score of +1.04.
We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our highly experienced, collaborative and talented team.
Your role will be to provide support, either as in-class, 1:1 tuition, or to small groups of students with varying abilities. You will be encouraging and supporting individual pupils to reach their full potential, whilst demonstrating a creative and determined attitude that will help motivate students. You will be directly supporting the students, as well as helping to organise the teaching and learning resources available to students and staff.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about education and has a flair for working with young people
- This role could also suit recent university graduates who are interested in gaining initial classroom experience as a Teaching Assistant, or those looking to start a career path in teaching.
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Staff wellbeing is at the heart of our academy. We have a two week October half term holiday to balance the longest term of the year.
- A sensible approach to marking to ensure high quality feedback but not at the expense of work life balance.
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network.
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package.
- A disciplined and well-organised place to learn and teach, with our recent Ofsted recognising the fantastic work to date in transforming this academy. Teaching and learning is at the centre of our drive for improvement.
- ‘A Good Academy with Outstanding Leadership & Management and Behaviour’: Ofsted Dec 2014.
- With outcomes consistently outstanding and in the top 5% nationally, the academy expects to achieve Outstanding at the next inspection.
The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 44 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development.
For a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact Mandy Francis, PA to the Principal via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack above or contact the academy on 020 8687 1157.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.