We are seeking an excellent and experienced Teaching Assistant who is proficient in Makaton to join our team of dedicated staff. We are looking for applicants who can support children with SEND, promoting their learning and inclusion in class; and who can work in 1:1 or small group situations to implement learning and social skills programmes. 12 month fixed term contract with possibility of a permanent role (subject to finance).
Do you have:
- Experience of working with children with a range of SEND including 1:1
- A willingness to learn and to be flexible and adaptable
- The ability to take on fresh challenges and to maintain a calm and positive manner
- GCSE or NVQ Level 2 in literacy and numeracy, or equivalent
We can offer:
- A “good” school with outstanding features (November 2017)
- A friendly and supportive team
- Well motivated, happy and friendly children who “bubble with enthusiasm” about their learning and their school
- TWO fantastic sites and extremely well-resourced learning environments
- A forward thinking school which welcomes fresh ideas
- The opportunity to shape the future of Lambeth’s largest primary school
- A supportive parental community who work alongside the school to develop excellence
- An active and outstanding governing body
- Opportunities for high quality professional development
To obtain a recruitment pack, including Job Description and Person Specification, please contact Gwen Watson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 020 8761 1894.
How to Apply:
Please send your completed application form (marked Private & Confidential) to Gwen Watson, PA to Executive Headteacher, by email: email@example.com or by post to: Julian’s Primary School, 226 Leigham Court Road, Streatham, London SW16 2RB.
Please contact Gwen Watson to discuss our current requirements.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk and in th e recruitment pack.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.
Julian’s Primary School
226 Leigham Court Road, Streatham, London SW16 2RB