We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teaching Assistant to join our talented and supportive team. Christ Church Primary SW9 is a small inclusive school in North Brixton with a fantastic outdoor learning environment. Christ Church is part of the SW9 Partnership, a small federation of two one-form entry, Church of England primary schools.
Our purpose is to provide a rich and creative curriculum, with high standards within a small, inclusive school. Children, staff and governors are committed to the school ethos, which is built on working together to ensure the best outcomes for all our children.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting groups of children or individuals during the classroom teaching.
- Leading groups of children or 1:1 intervention programmes.
- Working with children to support any social, emotional, behavioural, personal care or medical needs.
Applications from graduate trainees who wish to embark on a teacher training course in the future are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school for more information.
We are looking for:
- Someone who believes in the inclusion of all children
- Someone who is willing to work closely with the class teacher to build up a strong partnership
- Someone who is able to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
- A flexible and enthusiastic team-player
- Someone who is friendly and approachable
- Someone with good numeracy and literacy skills of a high enough standard to support throughout the school
We can offer you:
- A supportive and positive working environment
- Happy, creative children who love coming to school and enjoy learning
- Opportunities for professional development and working as part of the Inclusion Team across the SW9 Partnership
- An exceptional school, with strong parent and professional relationships, at the heart of our local community
- The opportunity to apply for a trainee teacher position in the future for the right candidate through the School Direct programme
School visits are welcomed
Please call the school office on 020 7735 1343 or email email@example.com to arrange a mutually convenient time.
To obtain a recruitment pack including Job Description and Person Specification, please contact Gineice Phipps on 020 7735 1343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
Please send your completed application form to Gineice Phipps, Christ Church Primary SW9, Cancell Road, Brixton, London SW9 6HN.
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms: Friday 25th January 2019
Interviews: week beginning 4th February 2019
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs and in the recruitment pack.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all. www.lambeth.gov.uk
Christ Church Primary SW9 - A school for everyone
A member of the SW9 Partnership of Schools:
St. Andrew’s CE Primary School and Christ Church Primary SW9
Executive Headteacher: Jayne Mitchell