Preston Manor School
Carlton Avenue East, Wembley HA9 8NA
Head: Ms Beth Kobel
Making school memorable by striving for excellence
Preston Manor became an all-through school in September 2011, expanding to provide two forms of entry primary provision in a newly built Lower School.
We are a happy, inclusive and over-subscribed school, serving a diverse and vibrant community. We are seeking to appoint an experienced Welfare Officer to join our team and contribute to our growth and development.
Teaching Assistant (Lower School)
Required for September 2017
32.5 hours per week, term time plus 5 INSET days
Scale 2, point 10 - 13 (£15,613-£16,491 pro rata) plus London Weighting (£1,851 pro rata)
We are looking for a teaching assistant who has NVQ 2 or equivalent childcare qualification, and who has the following:
· experience of working with young children in the primary age range, and the enthusiasm and ability to motivate young children and build on their successes
· excellent communication and organisational skills
· a commitment to high expectations to meet the needs of all children
· good knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum and how young children learn, and the ability to contribute to planning.
· experience of working collaboratively within a team of people to provide a stimulating learning environment
· the ability to share expertise, knowledge and understanding of young children’s needs and achievements with parents and staff
This post would be suitable for graduates who are considering a career in education.
· delightful, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and all aspects of school life
· an inclusive team of dedicated, friendly and supportive staff
· engaged and supportive parents and governors
· excellent support for CPD and career development
· a genuine commitment to staff well being
· the unique experience of working in an all-through school
If you feel you have the qualities we are seeking and would like more information about this vacancy or any other advertised, please email email@example.com for an application pack, or download a pack from our website at www.prestonmanorlowerschool.co.uk.
Kevin Atkinson, Head of Lower School
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact the Lower School office on 0208 385 4089.
Closing date: noon Monday 11th September 2017.
Interviews: Wednesday 26th September 2017.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
Preston Manor School is committed to the welfare and safety of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.