Teaching Assistant (Lower School)
Required for October 2018
32.5 hours per week, term time plus 5 INSET days
Salary - Scale 2, spinal point 10 - 13 (£16,863 - £17,391 pro rata)
plus London Weighting (£1,885 pro rata) circa (£14,867 - £15,285 inclusive LW)
Working at Preston Manor means that you benefit from working in a school with a 80 year old reputation for success, whilst also enjoying the excitement and innovation of being part of a new school having recently become an all-through Co-operative School. We are a large learning community with students from ages 4 – 19 years old and our curriculum expands across six key stages.
Joining us means you are joining an esteemed, outward facing establishment which is currently breaking new ground into its exciting future. We are oversubscribed for places, reflecting the reputation the school has for its academic rigour, excellence in teaching and learning, an inclusive and welcoming community. We are proud of our focus on student and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff-retention rates.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who has NVQ 2 or equivalent childcare qualification, and who has the following:
· experience of working with young children in the primary age range, and the enthusiasm and ability to motivate young children and build on their successes
· excellent communication and organisational skills
· a commitment to high expectations to meet the needs of all children
· good knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum and how young children learn, and the ability to contribute to planning.
· experience of working collaboratively within a team of people to provide a stimulating learning environment
· the ability to share expertise, knowledge and understanding of young children’s needs and achievements with parents and staff
This post would be suitable for graduates who are considering a career in education.
· delightful, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and all aspects of school life
· an inclusive team of dedicated, friendly and supportive staff
· engaged and supportive parents and governors
· excellent support for CPD and career development
· a genuine commitment to staff well being
· the unique experience of working in an all-through school
The school is situated within sight of the iconic Wembley Stadium, and provides access to all that Wembley has to offer. The school benefits from fantastic links both through public transport and by car. It is a short 10 minute walk from Wembley Park and Preston Road Underground Stations and a 10 minute bus journey from North Wembley Station. The Metropolitan, Jubilee and Bakerloo lines as well as the London Overground/Network rail are within easy reach of the school. Central London locations can easily be reached within 20 minutes from the school. The school is also accessible to major motorways (M25, M1, M40 and A40 etc.).
The above post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality and well-resourced environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary team of teachers.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact the Lower School office on 0208 385 4089.
Closing Date: noon Monday 08 October 2018
Interview date: Friday 12 October 2018
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
Preston Manor School is committed to the welfare and safety of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.