Would you enjoy working in a lovely, brand new Academy?
Are you passionate about supporting students to reach their full potential?
Do you have any experience supporting teachers and children in the classroom?
If you answered yes to these questions, The Linden Academy would love to hear from you!
Due to growth, The Linden Academy have a fantastic opportunity for dedicated, dynamic and self-motivated teaching assistants to join our delightful team! We are looking for passionate candidates who will work under the direction of our teachers and support our students in their achievement in Literacy, Numeracy and other specific curriculum areas. We are looking to recruit Teaching Assistants who will contribute to the intellectual and social development of our students and will represent out positive ‘can do’ ethos that runs through our Academy.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a good standard of written/oral English and Numeracy skills
- Have previous experience in an educational setting and working with children aged 4 to 12
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with children and adults
- Have knowledge of how/when best to intervene in children’s learning in order to help them progress
- Have patience, resilience and a passion for the educational needs and development of happy and competent children
- Be able to engage children both inside and outside of learning times
- Have knowledge and understanding of the requirements of Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults in the education sector as applicable to this role
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have a GCSE/O-Level equivalent in basic Maths and English
- Have qualifications or prior training linked to education, child development, counselling and/or special educational needs
- Have practical knowledge of a variety of conditions that may affect children’s learning and development
- Salary: £7.50 an hour
- Weeks: 34 academic weeks + INSET days
- Hours: 32.5 hours a week, 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Type of role: Permanent
- Start Date: As soon as possible
Why work for The Linden Academy:
- Linden Academy was previously a fee-paying independent school under the name Moorlands, since converting to ‘The Linden Academy’ the school has very much kept their traditional values but applied them into a modern context
- Small class sizes with 18-24 maximum per class
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Join a lovely close-knit team of teachers and SLT that are genuinely here to support you and want to see you succeed
- Brilliant CPD opportunities so you can constantly improve and develop
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- The school will be expanding to 504 pupils over the coming 2 years and with our fantastic partnership links within The Shared Learning Trust, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career!
“What first attracted me to The Linden Academy was its ethos. All members of staff were extremely welcoming and I loved the rapport between the staff as well as the relationships they had created with the children. Staff were passionate about the children's learning and progress, not just academically but personally. It was something I wanted to be a part of. During my time here, I have developed both professionally and personally. I started my employment as a timid graduate with little confidence of standing in front of a whole class. With great support and guidance, I have progressed from a Teaching Assistant to Class Teacher. Our Senior Leadership Team have greatly supported and built my confidence and ability in becoming a teacher. They have always been approachable and understanding with a genuine care for their staff's wellbeing. Staff across the school continue to support each other in any way they can to make sure we are promoting learning and progress to the highest standard for our pupils. It's a great community to be a part of." – Jessica Day
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.