We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join our school and be part of our vibrant, forward thinking Trust. This is a dedicated role within our Music Department supporting the subject leader for music in a range of lessons and extra-curricular sessions.
The role will involve helping students with practical and theoretical work, leading small groups and occasionally running sessions. A background and experience in music is therefore desirable. There will also be the opportunity for the successful candidate to fulfill the role of Form Tutor.
This is a Level 3 Teaching Assistant position working full time 32.5 hours per week term time only.
In 2018 Ely College not only secured the best GCSE results in its history but was also named as the "Secondary School of the Year" by the Cambridge News Education Awards.
Our vision is to ensure every student receives an inspiring education which will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed beyond the classroom. We have an unwavering focus on progress, which is underpinned by a strong partnership with parents and the community ensuring that our students are a credit to the College. Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust is a success story that continues to grow and part of their success is down to the ability to Recruit, Develop and Retain the very best teachers.
What we can offer you:
· A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
· A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
· A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
· Well-motivated and engaged students and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
· A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression - we are passionate about retaining good teachers - and partnership working, as part of our family of schools
You will benefit from:
· An induction programme for all new staff
· Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication
· Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
· Staff social activities, including staff fitness and wellbeing sessions
· Free breakfast in the school restaurant and free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Ample on site car parking in a city location
· As a member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area
You will be:
· Passionate about the subject with enthusiasm for Music beyond the classroom
· Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
· Able to build effective working relationships with students and staff
· Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our students, challenging them to achieve beyond their expectations and supporting them to become lifelong learners
· Willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
· Able to work in partnership with students, parents, staff, governors and the wider Community
For informal enquiries about the role or a tour of the school please contact Victoria Cutforth, HR Officer.
Interviews will take place week beginning 25th February.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please do not hesitate to contact us.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.