TreeHouse school is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' non-maintained special school, providing education to 100 autistic pupils aged 3-19. We are in partnership with a national charity called Ambitious About Autism who are experts in Autism education and run pioneering education services for autistic children and young people.
We are looking to appoint a resilient teaching assistant to join our welcoming team. You will be working on a 1:1 basis with our Autistic learners and actively assisting them throughout their day using a PBS (Positive Behaviour Support) approach.
This role will involve:
- Supporting your learner academically in the classroom through teaching and learning
- Working closely with our transdisciplinary team including our speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and PBS coaches
- Assisting our learners with community based learning
- Teaching our learners key life skills both in school and in the community, some examples being swimming, gardening, money management and personal safety.
Our benefit package includes:
- A competitive salary of up to £24,221 and reviewed annually
- State of the art training including person centred approaches, positive behaviour support, medical training and understanding sensory needs
- Free healthy breakfast available everyday
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life
- Continuous professional development including access to coaching and mentoring as well as e-learning and online training courses
Start date: After February half term 2023 (however we do take into consideration notice periods and recruitment checks) This role is a permanent, full time role.
Working pattern: 36.6 hours per week - Monday to Friday (Term time only)
For more information on the role as Teaching and Behaviour Support, please find the recruitment pack attached.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The Safeguarding responsibilities of the post as per the job description and personal specification.
Whether the post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendment to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2021. This means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected', so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS Filter Guidance.
Our vision is to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with autism
Our mission is to help children and young people with autism to learn, thrive and achieve
The TreeHouse Purpose
Ambitious about Autism exists to transform the li...